Where can my child and I get help if we have problems?

In Switzerland there is a broad spectrum of services providing help to parents, families and children. In many cases the advice is free.


Parental advice

Parents of infants and toddlers can contact the Parental Advice Service for support with issues such as feeding, care, support and upbringing. You can even get help if your child cries a lot or is unsettled. You can either call in at an advice centre, the counsellors can visit you at home, or they can provide information over the telephone or online. Contact the municipality where you live for information about the advisory services in your region.


School psychological service

In the canton of Grisons there are regional offices in Chur, Davos/Platz, Domat/Ems, Ilanz, Landquart, Poschiavo St. Moritz, Scuol, Roveredo and Thusis. Further information and the relevant contacts details are available from the Amt für Volksschule und Sport (Department for Elementary School and Sport) website.


Grisons Children’s and Youth Psychiatry

The Grisons Children’s and Youth Psychiatry provide valuable advice and treatment for mental and physical problems. The head office is located in Chur. There are other regional centres in Davos, Ilanz, Samedan, Roveredo and Poschiavo.


The website contains information about the services offered and contact addresses for the head office and regional offices.

Emergency assistance for children and adolescents

The 147 emergency Pro Juventute helpline supports children and young people with questions, problems and emergencies. Available 24/7. Contact via telephone SMS, chat, e-mal and web service.