Upper secondary school


How do you enrol in an upper secondary school?

In the eighth or ninth year of school, high-performing students with good grades can take an entrance examination for Kantonsschule or Gymnasium. Information about this is provided to students in good time during the last three years of compulsory education and they may be offered additional tuition, at which attendance is voluntary. There is also the option of moving to upper secondary education straight from the sixth class of primary school. Children are required to sit an exam for this. The first three years of Kantonsschule are regarded as part of compulsory schooling for children who have moved straight from year 6 to upper secondary school.